Sunday, November 15, 2009

Conversations with Hannah

Here's another conversation with my baby girl, Hannah, that I thought was very cute and I want to remember!

Hannah called me on my birthday to wish me a happy day. She asked the two important questions about birthdays:

How old are you?

Are you going to have a birthday cake?

Bless her heart, she did not even flinch when I told her I was 55 but she seemed to be a little confused about my answer of no birthday cake. She reminded me that at her birthday, she had a birthday cake with blue polka dots and that Miss Elizabeth made it and that she and Mommy went to her house to pick it up, etc.......

I asked her how old she was on her birthday and she said 3...............

"BECAUSE ON MY BIRTHDAY, I TURNED!!!!"

(think about it......)

Love that kid!!!!!

2 comments:

Grandmom said...

I think that was a smart answer. Makes sense to me. I'd like to learn how not to turn. I think that's hopeless unless we want the alternative. Aren't children absolutely wonderful. I'm glad I'm getting to hear Hannah's bright sayings. Can hardly wait for Justus' thoughts

Wendy said...

i love her soooo much