Friday, December 12, 2008

Me? A Blog? Why In The World?

I have SO enjoyed following several blogs that I have done it - I have mulled - I have thunk - I have decided - almost - maybe - I will try taking the plunge and start my own blog!

I have to give my daughter, Mindy, the credit as my inspiration. Her blog, cmdfamily.blogspot.com , is the first thing I look at every morning. Of course, anticipation of grandchildren pictures or funny stories is more than enough to make this my "first stop" FAVORITE blog ever! But more than that (if there is more than that....) is the joy of enjoying a glimpse into their daily lives. It makes the miles we are apart seem not so far away.

Of course, once I have my "cmdfamily" fix, I move on to several other blogs - kids who grew up with my daughter and I have known FOREVER, Mindy's friends from church, crafting blogs, and, yes, I do follow a couple of blogs of people I do not know, have never met, but have VERY entertaining blogs....is that blog stalking?

So I think this is why I should start my own blog:

1. To give back - I've been reading, taking from, perhaps stalking other blogs. Time for me to offer some reading material/entertainment for others.

2. Maybe if I post some of my thoughts, experiences, etc. I will have it written down and will not have to rely on my memory when I want to tell someone. (Maybe I should post where I put my phone, keys........hum....)

3. I can't text - I don't understand all the text abbreviations - I don't have texting on my phone - maybe blogging will keep my in the hip crowd.....(saying "hip crowd" probably just got me banned)

4. To document just how exciting, crazy, and busy my life is.......HA!

5. I'm up to the challenge!

So buckle your seat belts, hold on to your hats, brace yourself.......here comes MY BLOG!

(Stay tuned for blog name explanation!)

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I love you. Yes, the term "hip crowd" is "out" but that is OK AND I think you may have just showed up why you named your blog what you did!

Wendy said...

I love it!!! Great!!! Super!!!
Do you think I should blog???

Mindy said...

YES, AW - You SHOULD definately blog!!

Libby said...

I'm excited that you're blogging!