Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What's In a Name?

As I was contemplating starting a blog - I thought I would solicit ideas from my daughter, Mindy, and my youngest sister, Wendy, about an appropriate name. (Side Note - If you are reading my blog - you will have to remember the relationships - I will not have the time to tell you every time (and sometimes "the relationship" gets a little complicated) so, Mindy = daughter; Joe = hubby; and Wendy = youngest sister. If I introduce others, I will try to tell you the relationship but henceforth, you must remember these three)

Now, where was I? Oh yes, I knew exactly what to expect when I asked for ideas. Mindy would be thoughtful and really consider an appropriate name. Wendy, on the other hand, would just blurt out the first thing that popped in her blonde head. So - exactly 27 seconds after I sent my inquiring email, I received Wendy's response. Every suggestion she gave had something to do with lists. And, yes, List Girl Gone Blog, was one of her suggestions. (Let's pause while Wendy takes a bow or two - - - - okay enough already - I gave you credit, what more do you want). I must admit her suggestions did not surprise me much. Could be because:

1. I asked for a list of suggestions. I can't help it - my brain is wired to understand lists. Not full sentences. Just, get to the point, lists.

2. Most of my adult life I have survived hectic times (Christmas, planning a wedding, Thursdays, birth of grandchildren, Wednesdays, cleaning house, VBS, crafting, Mondays, etc.) by dissecting what has to be done, when it has to be completed, and how in the world can I fit that in - into lists! As I've gotten older, the lists have taken on new meaning and sometime include such things as take a bath, mail the cards signed 3 days ago-when you find them, TOMORROW is Joe's birthday, etc.

3. Not only do I survive on lists, I think EVERYONE should walk through life with a "to do" list. I would like to go on record right now and say that when Hannah (relationship alert - Hannah = precious granddaughter) was born and I was at Mindy's house; Wendy came to visit and I DID greet her and give her a hug BEFORE I thrust her "to do" list in her hand! YES, I DID!

Mindy thought Wendy's idea was good. When I ran it by Joe he just said, "What? You're starting a blog?" so I moved on. Anyway, I thought the name was familiar and comfortable for me - so List Girl Gone Blog, it is! At least they didn't suggest - never ironed a day in her life girl!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

You definitely passed on the "never iron" trait to me!! I like it! AND, Chris might mention you passed on the list trait also!

Wendy said...

Thank you very much!! I appreciate the credit that was due but.... I'm not sure I appreciate that blonde comment. However, as I fly by the seat of my pants ( or blonde hair)and blurt out random things.... I love the name of your blog. And I have a picture (probably the one and only) of you ironing !!! If I find it I might post it on my blog.....

Betty said...

Wow, now I have another blog to read - and the name is great. Looking forward to lurking around - I mean reading your blog.