I found this "draft" in my blog posts. I don't know why I never posted it - it is from June 2009!!! Oh well, it's still sweet so I'm posting it now........
When we were in TN for Hannah's birthday; Hannah and I had a few minutes that we played "class". I told her I wanted her to be the teacher and she said, "OK, I'll be Miss Sharon". (This is a friend from church and is or has been her Sunday Class Teacher).
Me: "OK, what are we going to talk about today?"
Hannah: "Today we are going to talk about Family. Here's your paper and my paper. (a plain piece of white paper was distributed and the crayon basket was retrieved from a book shelf).
Hannah immediately began digging all the white crayons out of the crayon basket and handed them to me and said, "Nannah, put these on the other chair. They don't work on this paper".
Hannah then instructed me to draw a house on her paper and my paper. Then she wanted me to draw the family. On her paper I drew Daddy, Mommy, Hannah, and Justus. Then I told her I would draw Nannah and Papa Joe on my paper with a house. After I finished drawing Nannah and Papa Joe, she just looked at me with a blank stare and said...."Don't forget Hannah"
After I drew Hannah, she looked at her wrist and said, "In 4 minutes we will need to start cleaning up".
She just cracks me up!
I think that was all of class and we went to do other things. But I REALLY enjoyed my time in class with Miss Sharon! So many things I thought about.
1. I love this stage when children are absorbing EVERYTHING - what a wake up call that even when we don't realize it, we are influencing someone - perhaps an innocent child.
2. How blessed Hannah is to have Sunday Class teachers that she wants to be like.
3. How thankful I am for the real Miss Sharon! In fact, I told her Sunday at church about our play time. Thanks for being a positive influence in Hannah's life.
4. How thankful I am that Hannah's family loves to worship and learn about God.
5. What things we sometimes miss if we don't take a few minutes to play with the children in our lives. I think I missed a lot of those moments in my child's life.
Diaper Wreaths
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment