Some of the most precious times I spend with Hannah Bear are those times when we just talk......you just never know what that girl will say. Here are some of my favorites from our most recent visit:
1. Me: Hannah, you are SO smart. How did you know that?
Hannah: I just "learned it up!"
2. At bedtime, Hannah asked me to pray. After I said the prayer, I opened my eyes and her sweet little face was right in front of me and she softly said, "Nannah, that was beautiful". (melt, melt, melt)
3. Hannah is NOT a fan of costumes - any kind - in the past she has had horrifying experiences with the Chick-fil-A Cow, Santa, and the dreaded Easter Bunny. She is getting older though and is "working through" her terror and death grip posture since she understands more about pretend and can rationalize "it's just for fun".
Saturday was Kite Day at her church building There would be an Easter egg hunt, kites, and the Easter Bunny! Her Mommy and Daddy are really good about talking to her about these occasions involving costumes so she is somewhat prepared.
Friday night at the supper table, Mommy and Daddy were talking about Kite Day and her Daddy asked if she thought her brother, Justus, would like the Easter Bunny.
She thought a moment and then very matter of fact said "I have a plant". Her Daddy said, "You do? What is your plan?" Not catching on, she continued...."I think my plant is I will sit on the Easter Bunny. I'll do it first and then Justus can sit on the Easter Bunny. We all told her we thought that was a good plan.
After Kite Day, I asked Hannah how her plan went. She said she sat on the Easter Bunny but Justus did not like it so Mommy got him off!
Sometimes even a good plant just doesn't come together!
Actually, since I'm told Hannah DID "sit on the Bunny" and had her picture taken, I think the plant can be counted as successful!
Diaper Wreaths
15 years ago
1 comment:
I hear "I learned it up" often. Amazing how she learns so many things with no one's help! :-) How Funny!
Post a Comment