This morning, part of our lesson was about Moses and his mother putting him in a basket in the Nile River. Today was my turn to teach the lesson. I was really trying to emphasize key words and names for them to remember.
Kids say the funniest things.....
at South Fork, I had them repeat Moses' parents names - Amram and Jochebed! One student volunteered that AMRAM sounded like Graham, the name of one of his classmates at school. Then went on to explain that most kids called Graham, Graham Cracker and others even went further and called him Gramps BUT our student had called him Graham Cracker too but now he had made friends with him and he didn't call him that anymore. These stories and thoughts just come tumbling out......
At Brewer Road - - They had NO problem with Amram. But somehow to them Jochebed sounded like Taco Bell so every time I asked what the mother's name was, they would say Taco Bell. Then when we got to the part about the baby's name being MOSES, one said, Oh, I know that name......and it's a really good restaurant too. I said, what's a good restaurant.....he said "MOSES". I never figured that one out until this evening and Joe and I passed a MOE'S Southwestern Grill.......then I realized that is the MOSES restaurant he was talking about.

Do you think our kids were hungry this morning or what?????
3 comments:
I am laughing out loud.
Looks like you two are in for a great challenge! Very interesting. Proud of both of you for taking on this opportunity
too cute!!!
Post a Comment