Friday, February 5, 2010

Conversations with Hannah......and Justus

Hannah called the other night and she and I usually have very excited conversations. When I hear that "Hi, Nannah", I usually respond with very excited, exuberant outburst, shall we say. Well, when I answered the phone this time, Hannah was full of exciting things to talk about but, when she paused to take a breath, I responded in a quieter, calmer voice hoping she would respond back in the same tone.

But what did I get?

"Nannah, why are you talking like that?"

Oh well, I guess it's back to excited and loud......that's okay, that's really more "us" anyway!

Thanks for keeping me on track, Hannah!


It seems like Hannah has been talking forever and I have been so anxious for Justus to start talking. It is truly amazing and awesome to watch/hear children formulate their thoughts.

Last we saw Justus he wasn't saying too many words but he seems to be taking off now. He says lots of names - Papa, Momma, Daddy, Hannah, Nannah, etc. When I talk to Mindy, she gets him to say new words and sounds for me.

One of the names he says VERY plain is Willa and I loved it the other night when I heard him in the background calling for HANNAH, HANNAH. Mindy says he now goes to find her; calling her name if she is out his sight - they really seem to play very well together and are developing a great brother/sister relationship.

He also says a lot of animal sounds - my favs are monkey, horse and #1 favorite is "what does the cat say" because when he says "meow", it's always in a really high pitched voice that is just SO cute.

I'll close with the cute way it sounds when Justus says "Bye, Bye".......

"Ta Ta"!

No comments: