1. Justus! What a precious, good baby. I was a little worried when they first arrived because Justus just wanted his Mommy! I totally understand - been in a car, strapped in where you can barely move - riding backwards - not much cuddle time with Mommy. But, it didn't take long until he was okay with Nannah and/or Papa Joe. He steals our hearts with his smiles, gurgles, gargles (yes, that is the right word), and miscellaneous noises:
2. Hannah! What a sweet girl she is growing into. She steals your heart with her smile and every word......LOTS of words.......Cannot get enough of her. It is really fun to listen to a child who is learning new words and adding to their vocabulary. Have to share some of the conversations:
*We gave Hannah a little flashlight that has "lens" you put on the end so an image shines on the wall or the ceiling. When Papa Joe was showing her how to use it; he would tell her to shine it on the ceiling. She loved her flashlight! The next morning when she got up she kept asking for her ceiling. We, of course, by that time did not connect it so we had NO idea what she was talking about. But her Mommy finally got it - Mommy's are really good at that! We reminded her that it was a flashlight. She was better the next morning - she asked for her sunlight....I imagine she's got it right by today...
*Sunday night I asked Hannah what she wanted to wear to Church. She replied, "the great big giant dress". I was stumped and began holding up each dress and with each she said, "No, the great big giant dress". I finally held up the right one (the one she had worn Sunday morning) - it had a full shirt that she could "twirl" in so I guess that's why it's a great big giant dress.
*Mindy and I got our hair done Saturday while the kids and Chris met Chris' parents at a park. Later Hannah told me that when her Mommy got a haircut she touched it. I asked if she liked her Mommy's haircut and she said yes, it was beautiful. Then she added that she did not touch Nannah's haircut but it was beautiful, too. She pointed to my hair and said, "Nannah, you hair has tingles". I said, "Where" and she said "All over". I asked if the tingles were okay and she said yes, they were beautiful. The only thing we can gather is she means curls - - - who knows but I don't care because Hannah thinks they're "beautiful"!
3. What a wonderful, sweet, precious family!!
4 comments:
I know your so proud of your grandkids! They sure are beautiful!!
That was very clever keeping Mindy's camera.
love you
wendy
What beautiful pictures! I LOVE the family picture! I remember smocking that dress for my Savannah to wear and this year she will be 18! Hannah looks just as beautiful also with those baby blue eyes!
Love to you! from the 'other' proud 'bamboozler'!!
So glad you got to have such a precious family for a short while. I know you enjoyed. Love to Nannah and Papa Joe!
Post a Comment