Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Marco Island Vacation - Oct 5, 2009

Did not even leave the property today!
7:30 am got up & had breakfast
9:30 am went down to the beach
2:00 pm came in for lunch
2:30 pm went to the pool/hot tub area
4:30 pm came in for showers and supper

THAT'S IT!!!! WONDERFUL day!

I finished the Fern Mitchael's book I was reading (Hey, Good Looking). I enjoyed it. It's really light reading but keeps your attention. I started on the latest Nicholas Sparks book - (kind of a tradition - don't know what I'm going to do if Nicholas doesn't have a new book coming out in time for me to read on our October vacation):


I've just started so it's too early to tell but I have to say it is really different than his other books.....stay tuned as I get into it.

Forgot to show what Joe is reading:



He's really enjoying it - thanks, Mother and Daddy, for his birthday reading gift!

The water has been unusually warm during this vacation. The paper said the water temperature yesterday was 88 degrees. And, it has been very, very calm. Yesterday and today we noticed the THOUSANDS of little fish in the water swimming all around. I tried to get a picture of them today. This is just standing in the water and pointing the camera down towards the water:



I hope you can see all those fish! It feels funny on your legs when you're in the water.

A few more Marco critters from today:








So - tell me the truth - do you think we have the most boring vacations ever?

As I said before - THIS IS THE LIFE!!!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

You have the best vacations ever. Some people come back from their vacations and wish this is what they had done!!

Grandmom said...

You're having my kind of vacation. Sounds so restful and peaceful!
Love you,
Mother

Wendy said...

Fun, fun, fun....you are very lucky