So, thought I would share what I learned:
Just where is the gall bladder?
Simply put, it's right there - in your gut -
and when it hurts - it hurts BAD!
So, why, you might ask, would I want to be without my gall bladder?
Well, as several doctors over the last 4 years have told me -
"Your gall bladder is FULL of gall stones! They are layered in there!"
(Lots of exclamations about it - but no ACTION - until last week)
(these aren't mine - wouldn't want to gross you out, just an illustration)
For your further edification, if you are among the MANY who have gall bladder "issues", what can you do about it? I did some research on what people with gall bladder "issues" should eat and found they should follow a diet that includes:
starchy foods like rice,
cereals,
bread,
vegetables, and fruit.
And drink plenty of water.
(For me, some items stood out as good choices more than others)
Here are some foods you should either AVOID or CUT DOWN ON:
Eggs
Pork
Onion
Cabbages
Cauliflower
Legumes
Fowl (Do they really mean chicken?)
High-fat milk
Chocolate (Are you kidding me?)
Ice-cream
Coffee (Have they seen me in the morning?)
Black Tea
Alcohol
Soft drinks
Grapefruit
Oranges
Corn
Nuts
White Flour
Artificial Sweeteners
Well, if all else fails and you need to have that gall bladder removed, it's a out-patient (with possible overnight observation) procedure. For me, just 4 little incisions and out it came. Don't remember a thing!
(Again, this is NOT me - and this patient seems to have gotten by with 3 incisions)
Then they glued me back together (literally) and I'm practically back to normal (relatively speaking)!
P.S. CAN YOU BELIEVE I HAD THE GALL TO BLOG ABOUT THIS?
5 comments:
You're silly!
I hope this takes care of a lot of pain you have have been in in the past!
I love you.
So you think yoou have had a galling experience.
Let me tell you one: I still remember the pain before my surgery and I know it would be a relief for you to be rid of pain.
So you had some stones? When mine was removed I was told the entire organ was stone.
"It was like a little Easter egg so said the dotor to my wife."
She asked the dotor,"what color is it?"
Your mother and I were quite relieved when your surgery was successful...and are thankful for your speedy recovery and may you enjoy all of those good foods without pain. Love, Daddy.
My comment is short ... I am just thankful your surgery went well and that you are doing okay!!!!!
I let Daddy use my ID to write you. I'm glad you feel well enough to tell us about your Gall!
I am hanging by a thread...Mother asked the doctor what color it was and....???? If it was like an "easter egg" was it blue?, yellow?, pink?, purple?, ....hello?
Love you
Wendy
PS Glad you are feeling better...
Grey speckled with white. A stone color.=:)
Post a Comment