However, I have a few items of interest to report from our day:
1. There was a BIG, important meeting on the beach this morning - held by the birds - I caught it on camera:
2. Not sure what they had to discuss; it may have been the warm Gulf waters (again), or that the Island is experiencing record temperatures this week (in the 90s); or maybe what to do with things that wash ashore over night:
Aren't you glad I'm here on location to report these important events?
3. There is excitement around every bend here in Marco. Just walking to our car tonight; we encountered more of the Island wildlife:
4. We went to my favorite seafood restaurant tonight:

5. To fill our tummies with JUMBO gulf shrimp! Yummy!

6. And then, right here in FL, while on vacation, a very noteworthy event in my life happened. We were shopping and at checkout they mentioned that if I was 55, I could get a Senior Citizens Discount but that I didn't look like I was 55 (very nice, but they must have seen something that made them mention that). I told them - no, I wouldn't be 55 until November. They said "Close enough". SO....I received my very first Senior Citizen Discount at Dress Barn Outlet - - - - - shameful what a woman will endure to get an additional 10% off!!!
Stay tuned for another eventful day in the Marco Island Vacation - October 2009!
This is Joni reporting live from Marco Island. See you tomorrow!
3 comments:
HEY!! Can you go get my groceries for me at Kroger on Wednesdays so I can get 10% off too???
BTW, Thank you for all your fine reporting!
Great reporting.
Love your journal! It is fun to share in your vacation. I remember the first time someone offered me a senior discout! Wow that really got me because up to that day people always told me I didn't look like a senior citizen. BUT it does have its advantages.
Post a Comment